CAKE BATTER INGREDIENTS
1/2 csweet butter
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tspalmond extract
1 ccake flour
1/2 - 1 cchopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans (or a mix of aforementioned)
1 Tbsplemon juice
1/4-1/2 crum or amaretto
How to Make Ravani Cake
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Cake Directions
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Add sugar and egg yolks and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts, mix together.
- Add flour and farina, mix together until blended.
- Fold in unbeaten egg whites for 1 minute. Add chopped nuts and blend.
- Pour mixture into 9x12 greased baking pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes..
- Pour syrup over cooled cake slowly.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Slice into diamond shaped pieces and ENJOY!
- Syrup Directions
- In a 6 cup sauce pot, add all syrup ingredients except for Rum or Amaretto.
- Bring syrup mixture to boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup to ½ cup of Amaretto, or
Rum to the syrup. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let syrup cool for about 5-10 minutes.
Pour syrup slowly over the Ravani. Tilt pan side to side spreading the syrup evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
Slice the cake in diamond shaped pieces and enjoy!