Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 ccrushed shortbread cookie (about 3 oz.)
3 Tbsptoasted almonds, finely chopped
1/4 cbutter or margarine, melted
2(8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 pkg(6 oz.) white chocolate, baking bars melted and cooled
2/3 csour cream
1 jar(s)(10 ounce) seedless red raspberry jam
1 cfresh red raspberries or frozen-pack lightly frozen sweetened raspberries
How to Make Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
- For crust:.
1.) Combine crushed cookies and chopped almonds in a small mixing bowl;
2.) Stir in melted butter or margarine.
3.) Press mixture evenly onto bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Set pan aside.
- For filling:.
1.) Beat cream cheese and melted baking chocolate in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until combined.
2.) Add sugar, beating mixture until smooth.
3.) Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; beat on low speed until just combined. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
4.) Pour filling into crust-lined pan.
- Place pan on a shallow baking pan in the oven.
Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken. (This cheesecake puffs during baking then settles as it cooks); DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Remove springform pan from baking pan and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Use a small metal spatula to loosen the sides of pan and cool for another hour.
- Cover and chill for an additional 4 hours.
- For sauce:.
1.) Melt preserves in a small saucepan over low heat.
2.) Add berries.
3.) Heat gently just until sauce simmers; cool.
- To serve:.
Cut cheesecake into wedges and drizzle some of the sauce over and around each serving.
- TIP: to toast almonds, place almonds in a non-stick pan and stir over medium-high heat until they start to brown. I add a tad of butter to assist with the browning process.