Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- crushed shortbread cookie (about 3 oz.)
- 3 Tbsp
- toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine, melted
- (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg
- (6 oz.) white chocolate, baking bars melted and cooled
- 2/3 c
- 2/3 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- 1 jar(s)
- (10 ounce) seedless red raspberry jam
- 1 c
- fresh red raspberries or frozen-pack lightly frozen sweetened raspberries
How to Make Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1For crust:.
1.) Combine crushed cookies and chopped almonds in a small mixing bowl;
2.) Stir in melted butter or margarine.
3.) Press mixture evenly onto bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Set pan aside.
- 2For filling:.
1.) Beat cream cheese and melted baking chocolate in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until combined.
2.) Add sugar, beating mixture until smooth.
3.) Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; beat on low speed until just combined. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
4.) Pour filling into crust-lined pan.
- 3Place pan on a shallow baking pan in the oven.
Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken. (This cheesecake puffs during baking then settles as it cooks); DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- 4Remove springform pan from baking pan and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 5Use a small metal spatula to loosen the sides of pan and cool for another hour.
- 6Cover and chill for an additional 4 hours.
- 7For sauce:.
1.) Melt preserves in a small saucepan over low heat.
2.) Add berries.
3.) Heat gently just until sauce simmers; cool.
- 8To serve:.
Cut cheesecake into wedges and drizzle some of the sauce over and around each serving.
- 9TIP: to toast almonds, place almonds in a non-stick pan and stir over medium-high heat until they start to brown. I add a tad of butter to assist with the browning process.