Raspberry-Pomagranate Jelly Roll
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla bean
3/4 call purpose flour or one cup cake flour
1 tspbaking powder
2/3 craspberry pomagranate jelly or jam of choice
How to Make Raspberry-Pomagranate Jelly Roll
- Heat the oven to 375'F.
- Line a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large stand mixer add the eggs and beat for 5 minutes until light yellow and creamy.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar and beat well.
- Beat in the water and vanilla on low speed, then add the flour, baking powder and salt until the batter is just smooth.
- Pour into the parchment lined pan filling the corners.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Loosen the cake from the edges of the pan and turn the cake upside down onto a tea towel that has been generously sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Carefully remove the parchment and trim off any stiff edges from the cake if necessary.
- While the cake is still hot carefully roll it up starting at the narrow end. Cool on a wire rack in the towel for 30 minutes.
- Unroll the cake and remove the towel. Beat the jam and spread on the cake and roll it back up. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.