Raspberry-Pomagranate Jelly Roll
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/3 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla bean
- 3/4 c
- all purpose flour or one cup cake flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- powdered sugar
- 2/3 c
- raspberry pomagranate jelly or jam of choice
How to Make Raspberry-Pomagranate Jelly Roll
- 1Heat the oven to 375'F.
- 2Line a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- 3In a large stand mixer add the eggs and beat for 5 minutes until light yellow and creamy.
- 4Gradually add the granulated sugar and beat well.
- 5Beat in the water and vanilla on low speed, then add the flour, baking powder and salt until the batter is just smooth.
- 6Pour into the parchment lined pan filling the corners.
- 7Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 8Loosen the cake from the edges of the pan and turn the cake upside down onto a tea towel that has been generously sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- 9Carefully remove the parchment and trim off any stiff edges from the cake if necessary.
- 10While the cake is still hot carefully roll it up starting at the narrow end. Cool on a wire rack in the towel for 30 minutes.
- 11Unroll the cake and remove the towel. Beat the jam and spread on the cake and roll it back up. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.