Raspberry Layered Cake
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE
1 pkgyellow cake mix
4 ozcream cheese, softened
1/2 cvegetable oil
2 tsppure vanilla extract
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTING
12 ozfresh raspberries
1/2 craspberry jam
8 ozsour cream
8 ozwhipped topping
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Raspberry Layered Cake
- CAKE DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly mist and flour two 9 inch round cake pans. Set aside.
- Mix cake mix, cream cheese, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs together in a bowl until smooth.
- Divide batter between pans and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove pans and let cool about 20 minutes, then remove from pans and let finish cooling on a rack.
- FROSTING DIRECTIONS:
- Beat whipped topping, sour cream and raspberry jam together.
- Add the powdered sugar slowly, mix well.
- PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
- Place one cake on a plate and top with raspberry frosting; top with fresh raspberries and repeat. You may have some frosting left over.