Raspberry Dream Layer Cake
Can't wait to make this! I can just see myself sitting in the shade on a summer day, sipping lemonade with a big slice of this cake.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
12 layer size white cake mix
1 1/4 cwater
1/2 cvegetable oil
2 tspalmond extract, divided
1/2 craspberry preserves, seedless
1/2 cbutter, softened
1/2 csour cream
5 cpowdered sugar
4-5drops red food coloring
1 craspberries, fresh
How to Make Raspberry Dream Layer Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, egg whites and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on medium speed for two minutes more. Pour batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool layers in pan on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove the layers from pans; cool thoroughly on wire racks. If desired, using a serrated knife, level off the tops of the cakes.
- Place one of the cooled cake layers, bottom side up, on a serving platter or cake stand. Spread with the raspberry preserves. Top with remaining cake layer.
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter, sour cream and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Thin with milk to desired consistency. Add enough red food coloring to reach a light pink color
- Generously frost the top and sides of the cake with the frosting. Garnish the top of the cake with the fresh raspberries. To store cake, cover and chill in the refrigerator.