2 cfrimly packed brown sugar
2 cplus 1 teaspoon hot water divided
1 tspcinnamon, ground
1/4 tspcloves ground
1 tspbaking soda
3 call purpose flour
How to Make Raisin Cake
- Combine brown sugar, shortening, 2 cups of hot water, raisins, salt, cinnamon and cloves in a medium saucepan;Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat;simmer for 5 minutes.Remove from heat;cool completely
- Dissolve soda in 1 teaspoon hot water; add with flour to cold raisin mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 13"x9" baking pan
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes or until tests done.