How to Make Raisin Cake
- 1Boil raisins (we have used Muscat Raisins, but they are no longer available. So, any large sticky raisins should be okay) in 1½ cups of the water for 7 minutes, set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- 2Cream sugar and shortening together in a large bowl.
- 3Add remaining dry ingredients, mix well.
- 4Add raisins and water, put remaining ½ cup water in pan to rinse and also put into batter. Mix well.
- 5Pour into a greased and floured pan (usually about a 9X13). Bake at 375º for about 45 minutes or until a straw or toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 6Cool. Frost if desired. My sister and I like it with butter cream frosting.