Rainbow Ice Cream Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1angel food cake
1 pkggelatin, lime
1 pkgstrawberries, partially thawed
1 can(s)mandarin oranges
1 pkggelatin, strawberry
1 pkggelatin, orange-pineapple
1/2 galvanilla ice cream, softened
1 can(s)pineapple, crushed, drained
How to Make Rainbow Ice Cream Cake
- Cut cake in thirds; tear each third into bite size pieces and place in separate mixing bowls.
- Sprinkle each portion with 1 flavor of dry gelatin; toss cake pieces until all are evenly coated with dry gelatin.
- Place strawberry flavored cake pieces in 10" tube pan, spoon strawberries over cake pieces, and spread evenly with 2 2/3 cups vanilla ice cream.
- Repeat layering with lime flavor, ice cream, orange flavor and ice cream.
- Top orange flavor cake pieces with orange sections first, then ice cream; cover pan tightly with foil.
- Freeze at least 2 days; unmold onto chilled plate and let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve.