RAINBOW CAKE IN A JAR
- 1 box
- white cake mix
- food coloring (pink, yellow, green, turquoise and purple) see directions on coloring pkg to make all these different colors
- pint size canning jars
- 1 can(s)
- vanilla frosting or your favorite butter cream frosting
- rainbow sprinkles
How to Make RAINBOW CAKE IN A JAR
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Thoroughly wash and dry the inside of canning jars. Spray the inside of each jar thoroughly with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2Prepare cake as directed on pkg. Scoop about 1/2 cups of batter into five small bowls. It doesn't have to be perfect. Tint each bowl of cake batter with the food coloring until very vibrant.
- 3Pour about 3 tbsp of the purple batter into the bottom of each jar. Spoon equal amts of the rest of the colors. Place jars in a shallow baking dish, add about 1/4" of water in the baking dish. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake 30-35 min.
- 4Remove jars and allow to cool completely before scooping a small portion from the top of the cake. Add a good dollop of frosting. Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles.