Quick Red Velvet Cake
1 box18.25 oz. german chocolate cake with pudding in the mix
1 csour cream
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 ozbottle red food color
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Quick Red Velvet Cake
- 350* oven. Rack in center of oven. 2 9" round cake pans or 1 9"x13" sheet pan. Greased and floured.
- Place the cake mix, sour cream, water,oil, food color, and vanilla in mixer bowl and combine on low for 1 min. Scrape down sides of bowl. Mix on medium 2-3 min. more. Scrape again if needed. Batter should look well blended. Pour into pans and place side by side in oven.
- Bake 28-30 min. till they spring back when touched lightly with a finger and begin to pull away from the edge of pan. Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 min. Run a dinner knife around the edge and turn out so top is on top to cool completely. about 30 min. more.
- If using a 9x13 sheet pan allow to cook a few extra min.
- Frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.