Queen Anne's Lace Cake
I searched long and hard and finally found a recipe on the internet that comes very close to the one I first tasted, this one is very delicious as well. I hope anyone that tries it enjoys it as much as I do.
***NOTE*** You can also substitute finely crushed OREO cookies in place of the shaved chocolate bars. Either choice is very good, but I tend to prefer the cookies myself. If using the crushed cookies, I would say anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 cups, it just depends on your preference. ENJOY!!!
This a photo from the internet of this cake.
1(18 1/4 ounce) box swiss chocolate or devil's food cake mix
1(3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
1 cvegetable oil
1 1/4 cmilk
1(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cpowdered sugar
1 cgranulated sugar
1 cfinely chopped nuts (i use pecans or walnuts) nuts can also be optional
5plain milk chocolate candy bars, shaved (or a 7 ounce bar) i prefer hershey's chocolate
1(12 ounce) container whipped topping
How to Make Queen Anne's Lace Cake
- Sift cake and pudding mixes together.
- In another bowl beat oil, eggs and milk.
- Add to dry mixture and beat well.
- Pour into 3 greased 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake @ 325 degrees for 15-25 minutes.
- Now for the frosting:
- Beat together cream cheese and sugars until very creamy.
- Fold nuts and chocolate bar pieces into cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Frost layers, top and sides of cake.
- NOW ENJOY!!!