Pumpkin Spiced Donut Hole Mini Muffins
1 3/4 call-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/3 cvegetable oil
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
3/4 ccanned pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/2 c(1 stick) butter, melted
2/3 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Pumpkin Spiced Donut Hole Mini Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray or line mini muffin pan.
- Pull out two large bowls.
In one bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk. Mix until smooth and well combined by hand. (Not necessary to use a mixer!)
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined - do not over mix!
- Divide the batter evenly among the 24 muffin cups (using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop). I had enough batter left to make four more.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While the muffins bake, prepare the final coating.
Melt butter in one bowl and combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. (When making again, I will cut this recipe for the cinnamon/sugar coating, including butter, in half. It made way too much!)
- Remove muffins from oven and cool for 2 minutes, or until just cool enough to handle. Dip each muffin top in the melted butter, then dip in cinnamon/sugar to coat. If you did not use paper liners, you can dunk the whole muffin in the melted butter, and roll in the cinnamon/sugar mix for a more donut feel!