Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
Got this recipe from a friend at work and let me tell you ... it was DeeLISH!! What a great fall dessert - and a unique treat for Thanksgiving!
- 1 box
- spice cake mix
- 2 large
- 1 can(s)
- 1/3 c
- butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1/4 c
- vegetable shortening
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 c
- marshmallow fluff or marshmallow creme
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In mixing bowl, mix pumpkin with butter then add the cake mix, eggs, and milk.
- 3Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or a silpat) and drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto the cookie sheet - 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.
- 4Remove from parchment and cool on wire rack. Once cooled, sandwich them together with the filling. Keep refrigerated. For easy serving - place each whoopie on a flattened out cupcake liner. Enjoy!