Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Frosting
1 boxspice cake mix (carrot cake mix can be substituted)
1 ccanned pumpkin
1/3 cvegetable oil
1/2 cwalnuts, chopped
1 pkg8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
18 oz tub of whipped topping, thawed
1 Tbspmaple syrup
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour (I use Baker's Joy spray instead) a 9x13 pan.
- Mix 1st 5 ingredients and mix on low speed 2 minutes with an electric mixer. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- While cake is baking cream together cream cheese and brown sugar until fluffy, add maple syrup and mix well. Stir in whipped topping.
- Let cake cool completely, frost and refrigerate until chilled. Keep stored covered in refridge.