★★★★★ 1 vote5
2/3 cpumpkin, canned or cooked
1 tsplemon juice
3/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
2 8oz pkgcream cheese
2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Pumpkin Roll
- Beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes. Beat in sugar
- Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice
- Sift together: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and ginger
- Fold the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture.
- Line a 15x10x1 jelly roll pan, (cookie sheet with sides), with waxed paper. grease the waxed paper. This makes removal easier.
- Spread mixture evenly in pan. Add walnuts now if desired.
- Bake 375 degrees for 15 minutes
- When cake is done it will be spongy to the touch.
Sprinkle to of cake with powdered sugar.
- With a clean towel (large enough to cover cake, Place over cake and flip onto counter.
- Remove pan and waxed paper.
- With the narrow end of cake begin to roll cake within the towel. (THE TOWEL WILL SPIRAL WITHIN THE CAKE) DO NOT ALLOW CAKE TO COOL
- Once cake is wrapped in towel begin icing and allow cake to cool.
- ICING AND FILLING
- Combine cream cheese,powdered sugar, butter and vanilla.
- When cake is cool gently unwrap cake and spread 1/2 filling over cake. Using the towel again, re-roll cake this time pulling towel off the cake.
- I cut the rough edges off the sides and frost with remaining frosting. Chill