Pumpkin Pie Crumble Cake
Sweetened Cream recipe
1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar. Place lg size, metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for ten minutes. (It really does make a difference) After chilled mix whipping cream on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Stop mixer, add sugar, beat on high speed until stiff peaks form, 1-2 minutes more. It's the best whipped cream, EVER!
1 pkgyellow cake mix, divided
1 stickbutter, room temp, 8 tablespoons
2 can(s)pumpkin, 15 oz cans
1 can(s)evaporated milk, 5 oz can
1 1/4 csugar, divided
4 Tbspbutter, chilled
1 cchopped pecans
2recipes sweetened cream, recipe in notes
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Crumble Cake
- Place oven rack in center of the oven and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan and set aside.
- Measure out one cup of yellow cake mix and set aside for topping. Place the rest of the cake mix, soften butter and one egg in lg mixing bowl. Mix on low speed until well combined.
- Using your fingertips, press the batter over the bottom of the prepared pan so that it reaches up the sides of pan and set aside.
- In the same bowl with the same beaters, no need to clean it yet, add the pumpkin, evaporated milk, 1 cup of sugar, remaining three eggs and cinnamon, blend on low speed until combined, increase speed to medium and beat until the mixture color lightens about 2 minutes. Pour filling over the crust, spreading to the sides with a spatula.
- Now it's time to clean the bowl and beaters. In, the now clean bowl, add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, chilled butter and remaining cake mix. Beat on low speed until just combined and crumbly, about a minute. Stop the mixer and stir in chopped pecans, kneading the pecans into the crumble with your fingers. Sprinkle mixture over filling and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake cake for 70-75 minutes, until the center doesn't jiggle and the pecans are browned. Remove the cake and let cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes
- While cake is cooling, make two recipes of the sweetened cream. (You'll need it!) If you're setting out the cake in a buffet style, make sure to keep the sweetened cream separate from the cake and chilling in a large bowl of ice.