★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 can(s)15 oz. each solid pack pumpkin
1 can(s)12 oz. evaporated milk
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1 pkgyellow cake mix (i use betty crocker's new gluten free)
1 cbutter melted
2 cchopped pecans
1 8 oz pkgsoftened cream cheese
1 cconfectioners' sugar
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1- 12oz-whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Pumpkin Pecan Dessert
- Line a 13x9 pan with waxed or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin, milk and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla
- Pour into the pan that you have prepared for baking
- Sprinkle your dry cake mix evenly over top of wet ingredients in baking pan.
- Drizzle melted butter over top of dry cake mix
- Sprinkle pecans on top
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until golden brown
- Cool COMPLETELY in the baking pan on a wire rack.
- once completely cooled carefully invert on the serving plate that you plan to serve on.
- carefully remove waxed or parchment paper and set pan aside while you prepare frosting
- In a mixing bowl beat confectioners' sugar, cream cheese and vanilla until mixed and smooth
- carefully fold in mixed topping being careful to not over mix
- Frost dessert and store in refrigerator