Pumpkin Mini Bites/Muffins
1 1/2 clight brown sugar, pressed firmly
2/3 cgranulated sugar
1 capplesauce, unsweetened
15 ozcan pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 call purpose flour, sifted
3 tspground cinnamon
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 cwalnuts, chopped or pieces
How to Make Pumpkin Mini Bites/Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, applesauce and pumpkin, one at a time until mixture is as light and fluffy as possible.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the remaining ingredients, except for the raisins and nuts.
- Set mixer to low speed and add the dry ingredients to to the wet a little at a time. Mix until incorporated.
- Add raisins and nuts to the mixture. Do not overbeat now.
- Prepare mini muffin pan by spraying with baking spray containing flour. If you don't have it, just grease and flour pan, including edges.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. (I use my small cookie scoop. It makes it easy to fill and make uniform size muffings.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes per pan full. Sometimes I get an extra six after the second pan full.
- Let cool a moment in pan then turn out onto cooling rack. As they cool and mature, the flavor only gets better.