Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
1 boxyellow cake mix
1 stickbutter melted
FOR THE CAKE
8 ozcream cheese
1 can(s)pumpkin puree (15 oz can)
1 stickbutter, melted
1 tspvanilla extract
2 tsppumpkin pie spices
16 ozpowdered sugar
·whip cream - dairy topping optional
How to Make Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- In medium bowl, combine cake mix, egg and 1/2 cup melted butter with a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms. press evenly, into the bottom of a 9x13 inch cake pan. set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, blend the cream cheese and pumpkin puree until smooth and combined. be sure to scrape the sides down occasionally.
- Add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla and blend until combined again.
- With the mixer running slowly add the pumpkin pie spice and gradually add the powdered sugar until completely blended. pour over prepared crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until outer edges are set and the middle is still soft set. don't let it firm up 100%, you still want it slightly gooey in the center.
- Let cool at room temperature and serve with whipped cream.