Pumpkin Flan Cake
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 pkg
- cream cheese (regular size brick)
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp
- southern comfort
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter
- 1/2 can(s)
- pure pumpkin (i used libby's - standard size can)
- 2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spic
- 1/2 c
How to Make Pumpkin Flan Cake
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees.
Prepare a bain Marie: Take a large roasting pan (ensure your bundt pan fits) and place in the middle rack of your oven. Fill with water until an inch deep. Keep this in your oven as it heats up.
- 2Caramel: Place Sugar & Water into a small saucepan. Heat over Medium Heat until bubbly. It will resemble a clear syrup, then as it continues to cook, it will become a rich caramel color.
Meanwhile...make the Flan & the Cake
- 3Flan: Blend all the flan ingredients in a blender for 1 minute.
- 4Cake: Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix on high for about 2 minutes.
- 5Now ready to assemble for baking:
Swirl the Syrup around the bottom of your Bundt pan, coating it.
Spray your Bundt pan with non-stick spray AFTER you coat the bottom with the syrup.
Now pour in the Cake batter.
Place your Bundt pan with Cake batter into the Bain Marie.
Pour the Flan mixture on top of the Cake Batter. (This will fill almost to the top of the Bundt pan. If you do this before putting in the Bain Marie, you may risk spilling some...)
- 6Bake for another 40 minutes, or until the Cake has risen to the top of the Bundt pan, and a tooth pick comes clean after inserting into Cake.
- 7Allow the Cake to cool COMPLETELY.
DO NOT give into the temptation to invert prior to complete cooling. It's best to just keep it in the Bundt pan until you're ready to serve.
- 8Once it's completely cooled, invert onto your serving dish.
Syrup is a beautiful deep caramel color, and the flan would now be on the top of the cake.