Pumpkin cranberry bread with orange glaze
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Talk about the flavors of the season! The pumpkin, cranberry and orange flavors make an appearance in every bite... and in just the right amounts. We added about 20 minutes to the suggested bake time to accommodate for our specific ovens and were thrilled with the result. The Test Kitchen
- 3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 5 1/4 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 3 c
- granulated sugar
- 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- 4 medium
- 1 c
- canola oil
- 3 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- orange juice
- 2 c
- fresh or frozen cranberries
How to Make Pumpkin cranberry bread with orange glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
Spray 2 9x5 loaf pans with non stick cooking spray.
- 2Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl. set aside.
- 3combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil, extract and orange juice in another large mixing bowl and beat by hand until blended.
- 4add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened, fold in cranberries.
- 5spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- 6bake 60-65 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes clean when inserted into center. cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, remove and set on wire racks to cook completely.
- 7Orange Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
5-6 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
Mix well adding the cream/milk one Tbsp at a time until glaze consistency.
While loafs are still warm spoon glaze over each.(I use a small ladle) cool completely.
- 8I have baked these in 8x8 loaf pans with no problem, I had to add about 10 minutes to the cooking time