Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 15 oz
- can 100% pure pumpkin (recommend: libby's)
- 12 oz
- plain greek yogurt (recommend: fage total 0%)
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- light brown sugar
- 3 large
- 1 large
- egg white
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp
- cloves, ground
- 2 c
- ground gingersnap cookies (recommend: trader joe's triple gingersnaps)
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover/wrap tightly bottom & half way up sides of 9" springform pan with foil(to prevent leaks). In a bowl, mix together with fork gingersnap crumbs & cinnamon, then mix in melted butter until texture of wet sand. Dump mixture into springform pan. Press firmly into bottom. Bake crust 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely.*
- 2Lower temperature of oven to 325 degrees.
- 3In large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and both sugars until smooth. Add pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix well. Add eggs/egg white, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Add Greek yogurt and mix gently until just combined(making sure not to beat/whip in too much air, this will help prevent cracking and sinking during baking/cooling process). Pour batter onto crust.
- 4Bake at 325 degrees for 65-70 minutes. When done, it should still be slightly jiggly in the center. Do not over bake, it will firm up in refrigerator. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours. Cheesecake should be separated from sides of pan after chilling, if not, run a knife gently around sides of pan before releasing springform ring. Bring to room temp and serve.
- 5Tip: You may want to use the water bath method to bake cheesecake(find instructions online), however, I did not use a water bath and cake came out creamy with no cracks at all on top. Before adding batter to pan, you may want to spray the sides of pan very lightly with non-stick cooking spray(not really necessary, especially if you have a non-stick pan, but for added assurance on release).
- 6*You may choose not to pre-bake the crust. If so, still wrap and fill springform as instructed, but put in refrigerator to firm up while you make the filling. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.