Pumpkin Cheesecake Supreme (no crust 7 inch)
I offer this as a very nice alternative to the "Pumpkin Pie". This recipe improves after a couple days in the fridge, so it is definitely a "make ahead" thing. I really like that! If I can make it ahead..."All the Better".
I hope you include this wonderfully delicate dessert for one of your Holiday Meals.
1 lbcream cheese 2 (8 oz packages)
1/3 csour cream
1 cpumpkin puree
2/3 cdark brown sugar
2 largeeggs plus 1 yolk
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 tsppumpkin pie spice
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Supreme (no crust 7 inch)
- Grease a 7 inch springform pan with butter. Wrap the outside of pan with two layers of heavy duty foil. Scrunch to form tightly around the pan. Fold down sides to not extend above the pan.
- Before you start the batter, put a tea kettle of water on the burner to bring to a boil. This will be used to bake cheesecake in a water bath (Bain Marie).
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until homogonous (totally smooth). It is best to have ingredients at room temperature for this recipe.
- Fill the prepared pan with the batter.
- Select a baking pan with sides lower than the cheesecake pan and a little wider that the cheesecake pan. Place a non-colored tea towel that is folded to fit perfectly flat in the bottom of the pan.
- Place the springform pan with the batter on top of the tea towel.
- The water you have put on to boil should be boiling by now. Pour boiling water in the outer pan to come at least half way up the outside of the inner pan (the cake pan).
- Carefully place the two pan combo in an oven heated to 325 degrees. Bake without opening oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes. Turn off oven and don't open the door for 1 hour more. After the total 2 hours and 25 minutes, crack the oven door and leave the cake to cool for an additional hour.
- Remove the cake from the oven and remove the cake from the water bath...also remove the outer layer of foil. Be careful not to drip water on the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill at least 4 hours in the fridge before serving. Keep covered with a dome. Do not place plastic on top of cake.
- Use a wet knife to slice cake and a pie server to lift from the springform bottom. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.