Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
1 boxyellow cake mix**
1 boxjell-o instant pumpkin spice pudding mix**
1/4 cvegetable oil
2 ccanned pumpkin (not pie mix)
FOR APPLE CIDER GLAZE---
2 cpowdered sugar
1/4 tsppumpkin pie spice
3-6 Tbspapple cider
**SUBSTITUTION (IF PUMPKIN SPICE PUDDING MIX ISN'T AVAILABLE)
I'VE TRIED SEVERAL COMBINATIONS FOR SUBSTITUTS FOR THE PUMPKIN SPICE JELLO AND THE BEST IS USING 1 BOX OF YELLOW CAKE MIX, 1 BOX OF VANILLA INSTANT PUDDING MIX, AND 2 1/2 TEASPOONS OF PUMPKIN PIE SPICES
How to Make Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Apple Cider Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350*.
Grease with shortening & flour a 12 inch tube/bundt cake pan.
- mix pkg of the dry cake mix with the pkg of dry pudding mix together in large bowl & set aside.
- in another large bowl lightly beat the 4 eggs with the oil, water, & pumpkin.
- add the dry ingredients to the wet mixing until there are no large lumps. (be careful not to over mix)
- Carefully fill pan with batter.
Bake at 350* for 45-50 min. (ovens vary so check at 45 min..insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean cake is done)
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
While cooling make glaze by mixing the powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice with the apple cider. This should be thick but pourable.
- When cake has cooled for about 15 minutes, leave on wire rack and place both cake & rack on a tray or sheet of waxed paper (for easy clean up). Pour the glaze on the slightly cooled cake.
When glaze has stopped dripping transfer to a serving plate.