Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Ginger-Cream Filling
- 1 pkg
- white angel food cake mix
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spices
- 3/4 c
- canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pix mix)
- 1 c
- col water
- 2 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped crystallized ginger
How to Make Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Ginger-Cream Filling
- 1Move rack to lowest position in oven. Heat oven to 350. In extra large bowl beat all cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 1 minuted. Pour into ungreased 10-inch angel food pan.
- 2Bake 37-47 minutes or until crust is dark golden brown and cracks are dry. Immediately turn pan upside down and let hang for 2 hours. Loosen cake and turn upside down on serving plate.
- 3In large chilled bowl, beat whipped cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high until stiff. Fold in ginger. Fold in ginger. Cut cake horizontally in half to make 2 even layers. Spread half filling on bottom layer; replace top and spread remaining filling on top of cake. Sprinkle with a little extra pumpkin pie spice mix. And enjoy!!