Prize Winning Gingerbread Cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 cflour
1 tspeach of: baking powder,salt,and ginger
1/2 cmargerine or shortening
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 cdark molasses
1 chot water
How to Make Prize Winning Gingerbread Cake
- Preheat oven to 350.Grease and flour an 8inch square baking pan.
- Sift flour,baking powder,baking soda and the spices together.Set aside,
- Cream the shortening and sugar.Add and stir in **molasses.Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in 1/2 of dry ingredients,add the hot water and stir it in.Then add the remaining dry ingredients.Beat all by hand maybe 30 seconds.
- Spread evenly into the prepared square baking pan.
Bake for 45min's.
**To help molasses come out of a measuring cup,either spray with a Pam type spray first or even put hot water in the cup first to warm the cup.Either way,the molasses will slide right out!