Pretzel Crust Fudge Brownie
This brownie seems a little denser that most brownies and is more fudgey.
Three wonderful flavors all piled into one tasty treat.
This recipe is a little labor intensive but well worth the results.
Making it the night before and letting it set in the fridge is what I recommend.
- 1 1/2 stick
- 16 oz
- semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 11/2 c
- 3 1/2 c
- salted pretzels
- 3/4 stick
- 1/2 c
- 14 oz
- 4 oz
- evaporated milk
How to Make Pretzel Crust Fudge Brownie
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray lightly with a baking spray.
- 2For the crust melt the butter and either in a blender or food processor pulse the pretzels until they are like a sand texture. Combine the pretzels, sugar and melted butter, it will be crumbly.
- 3Pat the mixture into the foil lined pan.
- 4In a sauce pan or microwave melt the milk and carmels until smooth. Pour over the pretzel layer.
Set the pan in to the fridge while you prepare the brownies.
- 5Melt the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave or in a double boiler. Stir until smooth. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the flour and stir for about a minute until the batter becomes smooth and glossy(for about 1 minute).
- 6The batter will be thick but spoon it out and spread over the caramel which has cooled in the fridge.
- 7Bake for about thirty minutes until the middle is almost set.
- 8Very important refrigerate for one hour so that the caramel sets up or it will burn your mouth. Best if eaten the next day.
Take the foil out of the pan after they have set up and cut into squares.