Pretty Apple Cake
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
Any apple will do, but I really like using pink lady, northern spy or jonagold. But, I have even used gala.
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, chilled, cut into cubes
1 tspvanilla extract
2 largeeggs, slightly beaten
3-4apples, cored, peeled and sliced thin
How to Make Pretty Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9" X 13" pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles course crumbles.
- Add vanilla, milk and eggs just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy, do not over mix. Pour into pan.
- Line apples neatly across cake making 3 to 4 rows of apples.
- Mix 1/2 cup of sugar with teaspoon of cinnamon for cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.