Potato Devils Food Cake
She must have thought it was worth scribbling down and clipping it in her recipe folder , so I'm sharing it with everyone here to enjoy if they wish.
**Untried Recipe By Me**
2 1/2chocolate, unsweetened squares ; melted
6 Tbspevaporated milk
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cmashed potatoes
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1 cchopped nuts
How to Make Potato Devils Food Cake
- Cream together : shortening , sugar and then add melted chocolate and mashed potatoes ; beat well.
- Add to creamed mixture : egg yolk , Vanilla and milk.
- Fold in the flour , baking powder , salt and nuts.
- Pour into a lightly greased and floured 8x8 baking dish
- Bake @ 375° for 30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean then the cake is done.
- Top with sprinkled powdered sugar or your favorite frosting.