Potato Devils Food Cake
She must have thought it was worth scribbling down and clipping it in her recipe folder , so I'm sharing it with everyone here to enjoy if they wish.
**Untried Recipe By Me**
- 1/4 c
- 2 1/2
- chocolate, unsweetened squares ; melted
- egg yolk
- 6 Tbsp
- evaporated milk
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- mashed potatoes
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- chopped nuts
How to Make Potato Devils Food Cake
- 1Cream together : shortening , sugar and then add melted chocolate and mashed potatoes ; beat well.
- 2Add to creamed mixture : egg yolk , Vanilla and milk.
- 3Fold in the flour , baking powder , salt and nuts.
- 4Pour into a lightly greased and floured 8x8 baking dish
- 5Bake @ 375° for 30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean then the cake is done.
- 6Top with sprinkled powdered sugar or your favorite frosting.