Portuguese Lemon Tartlets (Queijadas de Leite)
4 Tbspbutter, melted
2 cgranulated sugar
1 Tbspfresh lemon zest
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 c+ 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
·butter and flour (for greasing cupcake pan)
·confectioner's sugar (optional, for dusting cupcake tops)
How to Make Portuguese Lemon Tartlets (Queijadas de Leite)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour 24 cups in 1 or 2 regular-sized cupcake pans; set aside.
- Heat milk to almost boiling, but remove from heat before scalding.
- In an electric mixer, cream the melted butter, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice. Slowly add the flour and heated milk, and mix on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the batter equally among the 24 cupcake cups, filling about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Place cupcake tins in preheated oven, and bake for 45 minutes. Let cool in pan before removing cupcakes from the pan. The center will be a little sunken and wiggly, that's OK.
- They're usually served unfrosted, but you can lightly dust the tops with a little sifted powdered sugar or shredded coconut, if you like.
Another option is to spoon fresh sliced berries on top, just before serving.