Poppyseed Bundt Cake
How to Make Poppyseed Bundt Cake
- 1Soak poppyseeds in the buttermilk for 15 minutes.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar.
- 3Add yolks to creamed mixture.
- 4Add almond extract or vanilla.
- 5Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk mixture, a little at a time.
- 6Beat egg whites very stiff as for angel food.
- 7Fold egg whites into mixture.
- 8Pour half of this batter mixture into well-greased bundt pan.
- 9Sprinkle with a mixture of about 1/4 cup brown sugar and about 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 10Pour in remaining batter.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 12Cool and invert onto serving dish, then remove bundt pan.
- 13NOTES: When folding in egg whites, be gentle.
- 14Lift and turn the batter instead of using a stirring motion.
- 15Don't worry if a little bit of egg white remains unmixed; the egg whites will collapse if you mix it too much.