Poppyseed Bundt Cake
How to Make Poppyseed Bundt Cake
- Soak poppyseeds in the buttermilk for 15 minutes.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add yolks to creamed mixture.
- Add almond extract or vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk mixture, a little at a time.
- Beat egg whites very stiff as for angel food.
- Fold egg whites into mixture.
- Pour half of this batter mixture into well-greased bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of about 1/4 cup brown sugar and about 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour in remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool and invert onto serving dish, then remove bundt pan.
- NOTES: When folding in egg whites, be gentle.
- Lift and turn the batter instead of using a stirring motion.
- Don't worry if a little bit of egg white remains unmixed; the egg whites will collapse if you mix it too much.