- cupcakes, any flavor, made according to package directions or your favorite recipe
- frosting, any flavor, but white or buttercream works best
- bag of mini marshmallows
- decorating sugar, your choice of colors (pictured with red and green)
How to Make Poinsettia Cupcakes
- 1Bake and frost your favorite cupcakes.
- 2To make flower petals, cut mini marshmallows in half on a diagonal. This will expose a sticky inside. Press the sticky side into the colored sugar. I make a lot of red ones for the flower and a few green ones for leaves around the edge.
- 3Press the sugared marshmallows into the frosting working around the outside edge. Then make another circle of marshmallows inside that forming a flower. Continue until top is covered. Sprinkle colored sugar or other sprinkles into center, if desired.