Pink Lemonade Hello Kitty Cake
1 boxwhite cake mix
1 stickbutter, salted
1/2 c2% milk
3 Tbsppink lemonade powder mix (or frozen concentrate)
1 pinchpink gel food coloring
2 can(s)vanilla icing
1/4 cchocolate icing
1/2 cpink fondant or red fondant
1 tsplemon extract
1 tspvanilla bean paste
How to Make Pink Lemonade Hello Kitty Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour your cake pan (I used a Wilton Hello Kitty (R) cake pan)
- Melt the butter on low in a small saucepan. Sift your white cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Add your butter, milk, lemon extract and vanilla bean paste and mix with electric mixer for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add each egg one at a time, mixing in between each addition until fully incorporated. Add your gel food coloring with the last egg. Your batter should be rich and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared pan or pans, and place on the middle rack in your pre-heated oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes (depending on your oven), please note, if you are using either a glass pan or dark baking pan, your temperature should be #25 degrees.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 8 minutes. Invert your cake onto a rack and let cool until fully cooled approximately 35 minutes. Crumb coat your cake.
- Ice your cake. I used a Wilton #233 multi open decorating tip (which make the icing look like hair) if the icing is to soft to decorate properly either refrigerate for a 20 minutes or add powdered sugar to icing to stiffen it up a bit. For the eyes and whiskers I use number 4 tip.