Pink Grapefruit Poke Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cflour, all purpose
1 3/4 tspbaking powder
1 2/3 csugar
3/4 ccanola oil
1 Tbsppink grapefruit zest
How to Make Pink Grapefruit Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease/flour a 13x9 pan. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a separate bowl.
- Combine the sugar and eggs in the stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beating on medium speed for about 4 minutes, thickening it. Beat in the milk, oil, zest and vanilla. Reduce the speed and add the flour mixture just unit well mixed, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Spread in prepared pan and back about 45 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Leave cake in pan and set on a cooling rack.
- Grapefruit Syrup: 1 cup strained fresh pink grapefruit juice and 2/3 cup granulated sugar in a small saucepan and simmer to dissolve sugar, for about a minute. Set aside.
- Poke holes all over the slightly cooled cake and brush the grapefruit syrup until all is used and soaked in. Let cake continue to cool to room temperature.
- Grapefruit Icing: 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of fresh pink grapefruit juice and stir together in a bowl until smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle all over your cake. Enjoy