Pineapple Upside Down Sheet Cake
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 can(s)
- (20 oz) pineapple slices, drained
- maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 pkg
- (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 3 large
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Sheet Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
Mix melted butter and brown sugar; spread evenly over bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 2Arrange pineapple slices over sugar in a single layer and place cherry in center of each slice.
- 3In a large bowl, blend cake mix, water, oil, and eggs at low speed for 30 seconds (until moistened).
Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 4Pour batter over pineapple slices and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Let cake stand 5 minutes.
Loosen gently with a knife and invert onto a platter.
Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.