Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
recipe from cooking with K (Kay Little), pinched onto Holiday Recipes-Christmas
- box pillsbury moist supreme classic yellow cake mix
- 3.4 ounce vanilla instant pudding
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 2/3 c
- pineapple juice
- 1/3 c
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained (save juice)
- 8 ounce can pineapple slices, drained (save juice)
- stick butter, melted
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- maraschino cherries
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins well with cooking spray. Melt butter and sugar together on top of the stove.
- 2Add 1 tblsp. sugar mixture to each muffin cup. Next, put in 1 tblsp. crushed, drained pineapple, or pineapple slice in bottom of each cup.
- 3In a large bowl, mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, juice, including juice from cans, and milk with mixer. Fill cups 1/2 to 3/4 full with batter.
- 4Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove, and let cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen cupcakes from cups before removing from pan. Turn cupcakes upside down on a platter, and add cherries.
- 5NOTE: If you use 1 regular 12 cup muffin tin, and 1 large 6 cup muffin tin, you will get 18 cupcakes. If you use 2 regular sized muffin tins, you will get 24 cupcakes. The pineapple slices fit better in the large muffin tin, and the crushed pineapple works for the regular sized muffin tin. The choice is up to you. You can use all slices, or all crushed pineapples.