Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
1/2 cbutter or margarine
1 cpacked brown sugar
1 can(s)20 oz pineapple slices, drained with juice reserved
1 can(s)6 oz pineapple juice
5marachino cherries, drained & halved
1/2 cchopped pecans
1 pkgyellow cake mix
1/3 cvegetable oil (i use canola)
How to Make Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in a 10-12 inch cast iron skillet over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in sugar. Arrange pineapple slices over sugar mixture. Place cherry half, rounded side down in center of each pineapple slice. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Add reserved pineapple juice & 6 0z can of pineapple juice together to make 1 1/3 cups juice. If not enough add water to make it measure out. Pour into large mixing bowl. Add cake mix eggs and oil.
- Beat at medium speed until well mixed. Pour over fruit in skillet.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes. Carefully loosen edge of cake with knife. Invert onto serving plate.