Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine
- 1-1 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- pineapple juice, reserved from can
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple rings
- 1 can(s)
- crushed pineapple
- 1 jar(s)
- maraschino cherries
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1I prepare this in my cast iron dutch oven.
Melt the butter in the pan. Cover bottom of pan with brown sugar, enough to be about a half inch deep. Amount may vary depending on the size pan you use.
Drain both cans of pineapple and reserve the juice. Lay pineapple rings on top of brown sugar and butter mixture. Place a cherry inside each pineapple ring. Now use the crushed pineapple to fill in all the spaces. This should cover most of the pineapple rings.
- 2Prepare cake mix according to the package directions, except replace the water with pineapple juice. Pour batter into pan over pineapple.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until cake is set. Time also varies with size of pan.
- 4When cake is finished, remove from oven. Let set for about 5 minutes and then invert pan onto a serving dish.