Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1/2 cbutter( melted
1 cbrown sugar
1 can(s)sliced pineapples
TOP INGREDIENTS IS FOR THE BOTTOM OF CAST IRON SKILLET
1 cflour sifted
1 tspbaking powder
3large organic eggs (separated) save egg whites will be using them
1 corganic sugar cane
5 Tbsppineapple juice
1 tsporganic pure vanilla extract
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
Add melted butter to the cast iron skillet,then sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the butter,
add the 8 pineapple slices and place a cherry inside
- Place pecans around edge.
For the cake In medium bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir, set aside.
- Using a hand mixer in a glass bowl, beat egg whites at high speed until fluffy, set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar at meduim speed until creamy. Add pineapple juice, and vanilla extract and beat well. Add flour mixture to the cream mixture and beat until well combined. Fold in the egg whites with a rubber spatula, Pour cake mixture over the pineapple and smooth with spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until cake is golden and a tooth pick inserted into the center, comes out clean. Let cool in skillet for 10 minutes, run a blunt knife around the edges of pan to loosen the cake. Invert carefully onto a plate . Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy......Top with some cream