★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/4 ccake flour
1 1/4 tspbaking powder
4 Tbspbutter, softened
1eggs, well beaten
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Sift flour once, measure, add baking powder, salt and sugar, and sift together three times.
- Add butter.
- Combine egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring until all flour is dampened; then beat vigorously 1 minute.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in 8x8x2-inch pan or 8-inch skillet over low flame.
- Add brown sugar and cook and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- On this arrange pineapple wedges, and sprinkle nuts over top.
- Turn batter out on contents of pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes, or until done.
- Loosen cake from sides of pan with spatula.
- Turn upside down on dish with pineapple on top.
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
- TIP: Other fruits may be substituted for pineapple and nuts in this recipe.
- These fruits include sliced apples, sliced peaches, cooked apricots or prunes or canned or fresh cherries, seeded.