Pineapple up-side down cakettes
How to Make Pineapple up-side down cakettes
- Begin by taking 12 3 1/2 inch diameter (1 cup / 250 ml) Pyrex bowls and lightly greasing the inside of the bowls and sprinkling lightly with flour.
- Mix the brown sugar topping using 3/4 cup margarine and 1 1/2 full packed cups of brown sugar and heating on medium heat until the margarine is completely melted, stirring occasionally to keep from scorching and then reducing the heat to keep it just warm.
- Open a can of pineapple slices and saved the juice to use in the cake mix in place of the equal amount of water.
- I used a package of pre-made pineapple supreme cake mix following the mixing directions on the box.
- After all of the ingredients are prepared place one pineapple slice in the bottom of each Pyrex bowl and place a 1/2 Maraschino cherry up-side down in the center of the pineapple slice.
- Spoon the brown sugar glaze mixture (4 tbs) in the bowl to where it is just covering the sliced pineapple and cherry. Add 1/2 cup of the prepared cake mixture on top of the brown sugar glaze.
- Place the Pyrex bowls with the mixture on a cookie sheet into a pre-heated oven to 325 degrees. Bake for 45 minutes. Cakettes are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean taking care not to pierce the cherry.
- Remove the cakettes from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes and then using a knife go around the inside of the bowl to insure the cake is not sticking to the sides. Using oven mitts pick up the bowls and invert onto a plate or cookie sheet. The cakettes will come out clean and after cooling completely are ready for your mouth watering and drooling friends as well as yourself to enjoy.