Pineapple Strawberry Shortcake
- 1 box
- angel food cake mix
- 1 can(s)
- (20 oz) crushed pineapple in its own juice
- 2 pkg
- (16 oz each) strawberries, sliced or quartered
- 16 oz
- cool whip
- hershey's chocolate syrup or hot fudge topping
How to Make Pineapple Strawberry Shortcake
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Beat cake mix and crushed pineapple together on low until just moistened, then on medium for 1 minute. Pour into an UNGREASED tube (like a bundt) pan. Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes until top is a deep golden brown and cracks on top appear dry. (Careful not to underbake) Remove and let cool upside down on a glass bottle. (The top of the bottle will go into the hole in your tube pan). Run a knife around the edges to remove after cake is cooled. **you can also bake it in a traditional rectangular cake pan. Ungreased, for 35 min (approx)
- 3Meanwhile, toss sliced or quartered strawberries with sugar (amount is up to you). Let set at least 10 minutes to develop a light syrup.
- 4Serve cake with strawberries, top with Cool Whip, and drizzle with chocolate. You may also add sliced bananas to make it a "Banana Split Shortcake".