Pineapple Skillet Cake
** REQUIRES A 12" CAST IRON SKILLET **
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cbrown sugar
3 Tbspbutter (not margarine)
6 slicepineapple (canned or fresh)
1 csugar, white
1/2 cpineapple juice
1 1/2 cflour, all-purpose
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Pineapple Skillet Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet combine brown sugar and butter, cooking over medium heat until sugar is melted. Remove from heat.
- Arrange pineapple slices over in the sugar mixture, placing a cherry in the center of each slice.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon coloured.
- Add sugar, pineapple juice and vanilla; continue beating 1-2 minutes.
- Sift together dry ingredients and stir into the batter.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and then fold into the batter.
- Pour batter over pineapples in the skillet and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, invert cake onto a platter/cake plate and serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.