Pineapple Pound Cake
- cooking spray
- 8 ounce can of pineapple, juice reserved
- 16oz can of pineapple juice
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- 16 ounce box pound cake (i make mines from scratch see below)
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- self rising flour
- 3.4 oz package vanilla instant pudding
- 4 stick
- butter softened
- 3 c
- large eggs
- 5 ounce can evaporated milk
- tablespoon vanilla extract
How to Make Pineapple Pound Cake
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 350. Spray a cake pan of your choice.
- 2Remove 3 pineapples slices from can and reserve the juice and set aside. Chop remaining pineapple into small pieces and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, and 1 can of pineapple juice. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.owl
- 4Scrape down the side of the and beat for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- 5Stir in chopped pineapples and combine well.
- 6Pour into prepared pan. In a small pot over medium heat
combine the reserved pineapple juice and 1/4 cup of water.
- 7Add the brown sugar and butter and bring to simmer. Add the remaining 3 pineapples rings and saute for 4 min or
until the sauce thickens.
- 8Remove from heat and reserve. Remove cake from pan and transfer to a serving plate. arrange pineapple on top of cake. Pour sauce over cake and serve.