Pineapple Pound Cake
Found recipe in the Chattanooga Times sometime in the 1980's
·do not pre-heat oven
1/2 lbbutter, softened
6 largeeggs (room temp)
3 csifted, all purpose, flour
2 1/2 csugar
1 tspbaking powder
1/4 cmilk (room temp)
3/4 cundrained crushed pineapple & juice
1/4 cbutter, softened
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 ccrushed pineapple
How to Make Pineapple Pound Cake
- Cream shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition
- Add flour, sifted with baking powder, alternately with milk
- Add vanilla, stir in 3/4 cup pineapple and juice - blend well
- Pour batter into well greased and floured 10" tube pan. Do not use a bundt pan or small tube pan, this makes a tall cake.
- Place in COLD oven, turn oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan, glaze while cake is still warm.
Combine 1/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 cup pineapple, pour over cake while hot.