1/2 cvegatable shortening
1 c(2 sticks) butter softened
2 3/4 csugar
3/4 ccanned, crushed pineapple in juice - undrained
1 tspbaking powder
3 call purpose flour
How to Make Pineapple Pound Cake
- DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN! Grease & flour a tube pan
- Prepare the batter. Beat shortening, softened butter & sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir together flour & baking powder. Combine milk & Vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture & milk mixture to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
Stir in pineapple and it's juice.
- Pour batter into pan. Place the pan in the Cold Oven & turn to 325 Degrees.
- When done remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes, then remove from pan & let cool
- 1/4 cup butter melted
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup canned crushed pineapple -- well drained
- Combine melted butter & powdered sugar until smooth, stir in drained pineapple then spoon over cake.