- 1 can(s)
- 20 oz, crushed pineapple
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg
- 4 serving size, jello instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 4 large
- vanilla bean pod split in half or 2 t vanilla extract divided
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- butter melted
How to Make PINEAPPLE POKE BUNDT CAKE
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spray 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- 2Drain pineapple; measure 3/4 cup juice to use with cake mix and reserve rest for soaking mixture.
- 3Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and 3/4 cup of juice in large bowl of electric mixer for 2 minutes. Scrape half vanilla bean pod; combine with cake batter or mix 1 T vanilla extract into cake batter.
- 4Pour into prepared pan. Bake 38-42 minutes or til toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 5Combine remaining pineapple juice, powdered sugar and melted butter in a small bowl while cake is baking. Scrape other half of vanilla bean and mix with juice or stir in remaining 1 T vanilla extract.
- 6Remove cake from oven and set on wire rack. Poke holes in cake with skewer at 1/2" intervals while still hot and in pan.
- 7Pour soaking mixture over cake- if it pools, make additional holes. Allow to set 30-40 minutes then flip cake upside down onto serving platter; remove pan.
- 8Cool completely. Drizzle with glaze. Cover with plastic wrap.
- 9GLAZE: combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 T cold milk. Whisk til combined.