Pineapple (not upside down)Cake with a twist
1 boxpillsbury pineapple moist cake mix
1/2 cbutter or margarine(i prefer butter) this is 1 stick
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
120 oz can pineapple rings *i used an 8oz can of crushed,drained pineapple instead*
·marichino cherries*i cut mine in half and placed in rows *
1 cwater* i put a tablespoon pineapple juice in the mix too*
1/3 cveg. oil
How to Make Pineapple (not upside down)Cake with a twist
- There are a few adaptions/changes I made,which,you can do or go with the original way.Kinda depends on your pantry and your likes and dislikes. Heat oven to 350*
- In a small saucepan,melt butter over low heat.Add brown sugar,and stir,until sugar disolves. Spread evenly in 2 9 inch round pans (I used a 9x13 rectangular cake pan)
- Arrange pineapple slices(here I used an 8oz can of crushed pineapple drained,and sprinkled over the brown sugar mixture)
- Place a cherry in the "hole" of the pineapple slice(I cut my cherries in half and made rows of 3 across the 9x13 cake pan)
- In a large mixing bowl,combine cake mix,water,oil and eggs at low speed,until just moistened.Then,beat 2 mins.at medium speed.Pour cake batter over friut.Bake at 350* for **30-40 mins if using 2 9 inch round cake pans or 40-55 mins for the 9x13 inch cake pan** Check for doneness with a toothpick,to be sure.
- With the 2 9 inch pans let cool in pans for 10 mins. then turn 1 pan onto cake plate**place cake side down so pineapple is on top (which will be the middle when other 9 inch cake is turned out)then, take 2nd cake and place on top of cake on plate**making sure the pineapple is on top
Here is a variation of icings you can try or leave it plain because it is very rich
Mix 2 cups powdered sugar with Pineapple juice until it is a thin consistency then drizzle over warm cake
Drain an 8oz can of crushed pineapple,and place in a medium size bowl. Take a can of white canned frosting and mix in with the pineapple. frost warm cake
use 1 stick butter,softened,1 8oz pkg cream cheese,softened,and 3/4cup granulated sugar. place in bowl and use mixer.mix until creamy frost warm cake.** I have only used the icing in a can/pineapple until today.I used the cream cheese one today,and I'll let ya know how it tastes.
****I KNOW THESE DIRECTIONS ARE LONG BUT ITS BECAUSE I LISTED BOTH WAYS TO MAKE IT..IT'S NOT HARD AT ALL!!