Pineapple Lemon Dessert
- 2 box
- (4-serving size each) lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 1 can(s)
- (20-oz) crushed pineapple in juice, well drained, liquid reserved
- container (12-oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- round angel food cake (9 or 10 inch)
- 2 c
- sliced fresh strawberries (optional)
How to Make Pineapple Lemon Dessert
- 1In large bowl, mix gelatin and boiling water until gelatin is completely dissolved. In 2-cup measuring cup, mix reserved pineapple liquid and enough cold water to make 2 cups. Stir into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until thickened but not set, about 45 minutes.
Stir pineapple into thickened gelatin mixture. With rubber spatula, fold in 3 cups of the whipped topping.
- 2Tear angel food cake into 1-inch pieces, placing half of the pieces in ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Spoon half of gelatin mixture evenly over cake pieces. Repeat layers. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- 3Cut into pieces and garnish with fresh strawberries, or leave them off. I only use them when on season.