Pineapple Inside Out Cake
I found this to make a smaller bundt cake than most of the recipes I use, but the perfect size for a small group of people.
Recipe from "The Cake Mix Doctor"
·crisco and flour to grease and dust pan
1 pkg18.25 oz plain lemon cake mix
1 can(s)15.25 oz crushed pineapple packed in juice, divided
1/2 cvegetable oil
1 cpowdered sugar, sifted
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
How to Make Pineapple Inside Out Cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease and dust 10 inch tube pan with flour. Shake out excess.
- Place cake mix, 1 cup of undrained pineapple, sugar, oil and eggs in large mixing bowl and blend on low for 1 minute. Stop mixer, scrape sides and increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes. The pineapple should be well blended into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula. Cook at 350 degrees on middle rack for about 48-50 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched and starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool 15 minutes. Run a long sharp knife around the edges and invert cake, removing it from the pan. Let it cool completely.
- Prepare glaze: Drain the remaining 1 cup crushed pineapple and reserve the juice. Combine the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of the reserved pineapple juice and the lemon juice in small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- With cake on serving platter, spoon glaze onto the cooled cake. Lastly, spoon the remaining 1 cup drained pineapple on top of the glaze.